Getting Started Assignment Steps
Please execute the following steps to complete this assignment:
- Accept the invitation for the LP workspace, in your Bronomail.
- Upon entering the workspace, find the space in the upper right with a down arrow, click that, and select “My Profile”.
- On the resulting page, under My General Settings, fill in your First and Last name, if it’s not there already.
- Critical: In the “User Name” field, ensure your Username is setup as FirstnameLastname, with no spaces. Note that you won’t be able to adjust the @ symbol or the space right behind it. Just make sure there’s no other spaces in your username. (‐2 pts for missing this)
- Yes, you can add a picture‐ but stick to professional images.
- Review the schedule shown. Is this a realistic time setup for when you plan to work on the project? If you show 40 hours available, LP will expect you to finish an 8 hour task within a day. Be sure to give reasonable estimate of your available hours to work on projects. (‐1 pt for missing this) Do not select “Overdrive Scheduling”.
- Do ensure to set the time zone if it’s not already Mountain Time (‐07:00).
- Feel free to uncheck “I would like to receive product information from LiquidPlanner”. If left selected, they will send you webinar notices, update notices, etc. Not much, but a little. I find it to be very little compared to many other sites.
- Now “Update” your profile.
- Your basic Liquid Planner settings are complete. Continue on to complete the assignment.
- Select the Home tab along the top. You can also get to these videos via the Help tab. a. Start with the Crash Course. This will help you get the basic understanding of the system. After that’s complete, click the button at the top to return to all training videos. It’s best to watch all videos up to #8 to really understand the system, but you’ll only need through number 3 to complete this assignment. When this assignment is complete (indicated by you sending me an email) I will assume you’ve watched 1‐3. b. Don’t worry about time sheet information.
- Find the Shelter Lab VIP package (grey box) at the top level, in the Projects tab. There is a Shelter Lab overall project folder in there, but you can create your own projects within the Shelter Lab VIP package. Note that since all students are “restricted” members, you won’t be able to see projects created by other students, nor will they see yours. Please see any LP workspace manager to have teammates added to any project you make.
- Now you will create your own test project. Create a Project folder (blue folder) inside the Shelter Lab VIP package (grey box). The project title, objectives, etc., are all up to you. This is only to get you familiar with creating and manipulating the interface.
- Create, at a minimum, the following in your project: a. 2 Project subfolders. Could be Design, Manufacturing, Test, etc. b. 3 tasks per sub‐folder. All must have minimum‐maximum times in the scope of hours, nothing longer than 8 hours. Remember‐ in Liquid Planner, your estimates are for actual time to get the task done. Not simply “days I’ll spend dedicated to this”. c. 2 Milestones d. Give the project a deadline that is sooner than your expected date of completion. The idea is to show your project is in jeopardy. Maybe make it due in 8 or 10 hours, but your tasks should add up past that.
- Change the timeline to Days or Weeks, just to be sure to show something interesting. Feel free to play around with it and see how changing time estimates and deadlines changes things.
- To “submit” the assignment‐ in BB, simply type a statement for the assignment that you have completed the project setup.