III. Theory: Adult Learning through the Medium of the Internet
by Marie Wallace
- The recognition of the loss of humanity and learner isolation in online learning;
- Online learners should determine the quality and authenticity of their learning;
- Learners move from passive receivers to control their learning;
- Pre-authentication or “real world” materials;
- A focus on the learning process;
- Teaching and learning should be learning centered;
- Recognition that collaborative learning can be in conflict with individual differences. (p. 31-32).
Huang, H. (2002). Toward constructivism for adult learners in online learning environments. British Journal of Educational Technology, 33(1), 27-37.