Module 2: Legal Issues
INTRODUCTION TO MODULE 2
Click here to view a screencast video that includes directions for how to complete this module.
DUE DATES FOR MODULE 2
The assignments below are due by 11:59 pm on Sunday January 22
- General Use, Fair Use, or Copyright Violation check
- Creative Commons Discussion Board Post
Goals and Objectives
- Analyze and discuss social and ethical issues related to the increased use of technology in education, business, and society.
- Navigate and research the World Wide Web for information, assess and document the validity and reliability of the information gathered.
| Positive Thinking
||Daily Tech Tip|
|How to Restore Your Faith in Humanity||Press CTRL + SHIFT + T to reopen a tab you accidentally closed while browsing.|
LEARNING ACTIVITY #1: GENERAL USE, FAIR USE, and COPYRIGHT VIOLATION
A resource being available on the Internet does not mean one can use it freely. Copyright, plagiarism and fair use are terms that every intelllectual person, especially a college student, should be aware of. This module will give you an insight on these terms.
Step 1: Watch Copyright Foundations video.
Step 2: Open and skim through each of the resources. You will use them to help you complete the quiz in Step 4.
Step 3: Closely review the Fair Use Decision Tree.
Step 4 : Open the GENERAL USE, FAIR USE, or COPYRIGHT VIOLATION CHECK below , and decide whether each scenario falls under Fair Use, is a violation of copyright, or is allowed under general legal use.
- Check your grades weekly. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Technology Lab in Payne 213 – Just a reminder that you can go get technology help in Payne 213 on the Tempe campus or communicate with them electronically. You can also check out equipment, practice with Smartboards, work on group projects, and get help on assignments.
- ASU Counseling Service is available to help you with anything you might need – no matter how small or large (notations of counseling are not part of your university record)
- ASU Ethics and Compliance Hotline – The purpose of the hotline is to promote a safe, secure and ethical environment for all students, faculty, staff and guests of the University.