Module 4: Social Media
INTRODUCTION TO MODULE 4 (formerly 3)
- Watch a screencast video that includes directions for how to complete this module.
- DUE DATES FOR MODULE 4 (formerly 3)
- The assignments below are due by 11:59pm on Sunday, Feb 5
- Post at least one idea to the Padlet wall in the Activity section
- Social Media PowerPoint Presentation
- MODULE OVERVIEW
- Goals and Objectives
Daily Tech Tip High Five Escalator When you’re filling in the boxes on a Web page (like user name and password or City, State, Zip), you can press the Tab key to jump from box to box, rather than clicking. Add the Shift key to jump through the boxes backwards.
- Analyze and discuss social and ethical issues related to the increased use of technology in education, business, and society.
- LEARNING ACTIVITY: SOCIAL MEDIA, C.R.A.P., & PPT
- Attached Files:
- Bad PowerPoint Padlet Rubric.pdf (94.381 KB)
- In this module, we are going to focus on a few different items: social media, quality design using the CRAP principles, and PowerPoint (or Keynote). Please follow the steps below and then complete the Module 3 project.
Background information on CRAP Principles
- Watch How Not to Use PowerPoint .
- Read The Big Four: Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, Proximity (CRAP).
- Watch CRAP: 4 Basic Principles of Graphic Design (also applies to PowerPoint and other presentations).
- Let’s take a minute to look at some examples of The World’s Worst PowerPoint Presentations. Do they use the CRAP principles?
- Read the attached rubric above, read the directions at the top of the padlet, and then post your idea on the Padlet. Click below to open your AA’s Padlet: (Don’t know which group you are in? Look at your grades. The top item is “Group” and lists who leads your group.)
AA Name Link Lewallen World’s Worst PowerPoint Padlet Senecal World’s Worst PowerPoint Padlet Sheehan World’s Worst PowerPoint Padlet Skiera World’s Worst PowerPoint Padlet Wright World’s Worst PowerPoint Padlet
- Now, take a look at some good PowerPoint examples. Do they utilize the CRAP principles?
Background information on PowerPoint
- Read through these tips as you begin to develop your PowerPoint presentation.
- Background information on Social Media
- Download this file to your desktop and then RUN IT AS A SLIDESHOW. DO NOT run it in a browser window. This is a self-directed PowerPoint tutorial I created that uses both beginning and intermediate features of PowerPoint. This file is in normal PowerPoint format though so, in theory, PC or Mac machines can run it. In any case, this tutorial makes use of internal links and menus for you to learn about those basic and intermediate features you are most interest in learning.
- Alternatively, here are links to tutorials that will help you complete the project below. Disclaimer: You may also need to use Google or other search engine to help you with some of the features listed in the rubric.
- Helpful reminders:
- Check your grades weekly. Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Technology Lab in Payne 213 – Just a reminder that you can go get technology help in Payne 213 on the Tempe campus or communicate with them electronically. You can also check out equipment, practice with Smartboards, work on group projects, and get help on assignments.
- ASU Counseling Service is available to help you with anything you might need – no matter how small or large (notations of counseling are not part of your university record)
- ASU Ethics and Compliance Hotline – The purpose of the hotline is to promote a safe, secure and ethical environment for all students, faculty, staff and guests of the University